Our 2021-2022 Football Season is upon us! So much of our training and team community begins in the summer. We have worked diligently to advance the transformation of the Higley Football Website this past year. Our mission through this development is at the center of conveying and delivering relevant information to our parents, coaches, and players from one platform.
Higley High School is moving to an online clearance system for athletes for the 2020-21 school years. We would like to immediately implement the new system as Register My Athlete Parents of athletes will need to create an account for their child. This online system allows parents to register their athletes for all sports online and eliminate the use of paper in the clearance process. Below are instructions to complete this process. Should you need additional help, please feel free to contact Elizabeth Lafayette at 480-279-7317 or by email at Elizabeth.firstname.lastname@example.org
For all other questions please email email@example.com.
New Athletes and Families to Higley Football: All New Parents or Incoming Freshmen Parents will be required to credit a SportsEngine Account to receive communications according to their preferences and be able to complete registrations more efficiently
HOW TO CREATE A SPORTSENGINE ACCOUNT
1. Click on the Player Registration-Create An Account Link
2. Add first and last name, email address, password of choice and birth date. Click Create Account.
VERIFY YOUR SPORTSENGINE ACCOUNT
1. Navigate to your email inbox.
2. Open the "Activate Your SportsEngine Account" email.
* NOTE: If you do not receive this email within 5 minutes, be sure to Check your junk/spam folder.
3. Click Activate My Account.
An "account owner profile" will always be one parent. This profile should never be the player(s). Multiple households, grandparents or friends will be able to receive an invitation by you the "account owner" by sending a invitation link to join your player(s) profile.
If you are experiencing technical issues, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Congratulations, your account is set up to add your player(s).
HOW TO ADD YOUR PLAYER(S) TO YOUR ACCOUNT
1. Click on the add Player Registration-Create An Account Link
2. Log into the SportsEngine Account with your username and password.
3. Add your player's first and last name and click "Continue".
4. Complete the player & parent information completely. This is the best time to add your player's email address or phone number if different from yours. The player can also receive communication applicable to their program.
5. Click "Review"
* You will be able to "Register Another Player or hit "Complete Registration"
SportsEngine will allow you to manage your contact information or make any changes if needed. Family members of an athlete can be added as "Guardians" to view the team schedule, RSVP to games and events, message team members, and edit the athlete's profile.
HOW TO ADD ANOTHER PARENTS OR FAMILY MEMBER
1. Sign in and go to your Household tab on the left hand side of the dashboard .
2. Click on a player's sub profile.
* NOTE: You can not add a Guardian to the account owner's profile.
3. On the right side, under the Guardian header, click on the plus sign (+).
4. Input the Guardian's email address to invite them.
5. Toggle which player's profile the Guardian will review.
6. Click Send Invitation.
HOW TO UPDATE YOUR NOTIFICATION SETTINGS
1. Click the Settings tab of the account dashboard.
2. Scroll down until you get to Notification Settings.
3. Check the boxes next to your email address or phone number to start or stop receiving communication.
All players are required to be registered at RegisterMyAthlete.com. Registration for each player must be completed each year!
Once your player's registration status shows "Ready For Tryouts", you are good to go until payments are collected. Deadline for RegisterMyAthlete to show "Ready For Tryouts" is 7/1/2021.
The cost for the Fall Football Season is $150. This will not be collected until closer to the school year begins and is a school credit, tax deductible item!
**Note- this is different then registering for communication from Parents UKnight Booster Club. Both registrations need to be filled out. Thank you!
Sports Physicals are required to participate in all Higley High School sports. It must be completed and submitted via RegisterMyAthlete.com before RegisterMyAthlete is considered "Ready For Tryouts". The deadline for this is 7/1/2021.
Please use the attached form, HERE, when visiting your primary care physician.
HHS Football does provide school-issued helmets for all it's players. However, if you have your own helmet:
- Please click HERE to download the helmet liability waiver form and provide it to your Coach
- You must have it recertified each year. Our recommendation is that you drop off your helmet NOW as providers are not only doing this for individuals, but also for full teams, and it will take several weeks or months to get it recertified and back to your player. One provider that offers this service is:
Sunvalco Athletic Supply Co.
49 E Broadway Rd, Tempe, AZ 85282